Learn More About the Many Services SelfCare Can Offer You
Seating and Mobility Consultants
Our experienced Seating and Mobility Consultants will work together with you and your therapist to make sure that you have the best possible equipment. We can arrange an equipment trial in your home environment to make sure that the equipment you’ve chosen meets all of your needs.
Medical Equipment Specialists
Your contacts on the phone. We are fully versed in medical equipment products for a wide range of uses, and can discuss equipment options and alternatives with you. We can also schedule your delivery, pickup or service call.
Our Technical Department
Our authorized technicians have regular manufacturers' training and years of experience working on mobility equipment. We are here to provide service, adjustments and warranty repairs for your equipment.
Our Delivery Team
We respect your time. We schedule our delivery appointments with you in ½ hour increments at times that are convenient for you. We’ll bring your equipment into your home, set it up, and show you and your caregivers how to use it properly.
Flexible Rentals and Rent-To-Own
We have many flexible alternatives to meet your mobility needs and budget. Choose gently used consignment equipment at a lower price. Not sure about buying? Ask about our Rent-to- Own plan.
SelfCare accepts payment by VISA, MasterCard, debit, cheque and internet transfer.
SelfCare accepts payment (when pre-approved) through private insurers or 3rd party payors including:
- Government of BC’s Ministry of Employment and Income Assistance (MEIA) and the Ministry of Children and Families (MCF) contract. One of only 10 approved vendors.
- Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC).
- WorkSafe BC.
- BC’s Palliative Benefits Program.
- Assignment Of Payment through 3rd party insurance companies, including Pacific Blue Cross, Manulife and Sun Life. SelfCare is a Blue Advantage Partner.
SelfCare has contracts with several large funding sources to provide medical equipment. If you need information on funding sources or payment options, please contact us.
- Get AIR MILES® reward miles on all your purchases.
- Base Offer: Get 1 AIR MILES® reward mile for every $40 spent in a single transaction purchase from SelfCare after all discounts and exclusions are applied.
- Exclusions include but are not limited to: all taxes, delivery services, repair and install services, certain amounts paid by funding sources, rentals and parts. Other exclusions may apply. AIR MILES® Collector Card must be provided at time of purchase.
Become an AIR MILES® Collector today! Apply Now.
Our Palliative Care Program
SelfCare is a long-term supplier for the BC Palliative Benefits Program. The BC Palliative Benefits Program funds medical equipment and supplies to support residents’ wishes to live their last days in their own homes, outside of the hospital setting. SelfCare provides palliative care equipment to the North Shore and the Fraser Health Authority. We promise to deliver effective, compassionate and efficient services to our clients at these difficult times. Please contact us to learn more about our palliative care offerings.
We have a wide selection of bariatric bath seats, hospital beds, patient lifts and other bariatric equipment for trial, rental and purchase. Please contact us to learn more.
Our 90 Day Guaranteed Fit Program
Our 90 Day Fit and Function Guarantee ensures you and your therapist are fully satisfied with your new equipment, even after it’s delivered.
(only for manual wheelchairs, ceiling track lifts & ROHOs originally purchased from SelfCare)
Our consignment recycles gently used equipment to a new user at an affordable price. If you have a manual wheelchair, ceiling lift or ROHO (purchased from SelfCare) that you wish to sell, ask about our consignment program.
Are you looking for quality, used equipment? Contact us for a listing of gently used manual lightweight wheelchairs and tilt wheelchairs available at excellent prices.